We believe that the Gospel is much better communicated from another person, therefore if any of what is written below is difficult to understand, we would love to communicate this all to you either over the phone or in person. However, we also wanted to provide you with the opportunity to read it here for yourself.
The word "gospel" means "good news". The good news is that Jesus has provided a way for you to be saved from your sin and to have a personal relationship with God. By believing the gospel, you can know that you will spend eternity in heaven with God. Here is the gospel of Jesus Christ in five simple truths:
1. God created you and wants to have a personal relationship with you. "...seeing he giveth to all life, and breath...That they should seek the Lord..." - Acts 17:24-27
2. Your sin - the breaking of God's commands - separates you from God. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" - Romans 3:10, 23
3. Because God loves you, He sent His son, Jesus, to pay for your sins. "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8; John 3:16-17
4. Jesus died on the cross to provide a complete payment for your sins, and Jesus rose from the dead to reveal His power over sin and death. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
5. Jesus is alive at this very moment, and He is willing to save anyone who will call upon Him for salvation. "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." - Romans 10:9-10, 13, Ephesians 2:8-9
The good news is you can be saved from your sin! All you must do is repent of your sins and trust in Jesus to save you. If you would like to trust Him as your Savior now, simply pray to Him and ask Him to forgive and save you.